Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fourth Assignment

The first element from my text that is important is a glass of water, its a symbol but i think it might also be a metaphor. In the book, the narrators dying father so far has asked for a glass of water twice because hes just always thirsty for it. I think its just a hint/metaphor to the title of the book so far...
Antoher element is the fact that theres an empty pool right outside of Edward Blooms (the dying father) window. I havent figured out the meaning yet, but i do know that the title, a thirsty dying man, a glass of water and an empty pool the old man can see will probably have ALOT to do with the project of my book.
A 3rd element would have to be just the title in general. Its a metaphor, symbol and an allegory. But, probably wont know this elements job until the end of the book. I know this because of the movie... but books can be different. And i do not know the project of my book...yet.

1 comment:

jacob sharrah said...

how you liking your book? sound to be okay.....lol